Join Us for NB3FIT WEEK – November 5-12, 2018
A national week of inspiration, learning and physical movement to support the health and fitness of Native youth across Indian Country. We are encouraging tribes, Native-led organizations, urban Indian centers, schools and groups to host a physical activity, fitness and/or health awareness event during NB3FIT WEEK.
Gather a team to coordinate an event in your community! You’ll receive a marketing toolkit and incentives for your event participants too!
- Choose the type of event.
- Register your event on the NB3FIT WEEK website.
- Promote your event.
- Have fun and take photos!
- Share the experience on the NB3 Foundation’s social media sites.
Five Facts to Consider:
- One out of two Native children born since 2000 will develop type 2 diabetes.
- Obesity is the leading contributing factor to type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes may reduce a child’s life expectancy by 27 years.
- 81% of Native adults are overweight or obese and 45% of 2-5 year olds are overweight.
- Death rate of Native Americans with diabetes is three times higher than the general U.S. population.