Job Posting: Communication Specialist
Exempt, Full Time
Founded in 2005, the Notah Begay III (NB3) Foundation’s mission is to ensure Native American children achieve their full potential by advancing cultures of Native community health. NB3 Foundation focuses on Native children’s physical, mental, emotional, and cultural health through four core areas:
- Healthy Nutrition;
- Physical Activity;
- Cultural Connections; and
- Youth Development.
NB3 Foundation’s programs combine direct services, access to resources, and building communities to address long-term needs in partnership with tribes, Native-controlled nonprofit organizations, and Native community groups. NB3 Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Native American Preference Hiring Policy. For more information visit: www.nb3foundation.org
We are seeking a Communication Specialist responsible for designing and executing effective internal and external communication strategies including social, print and online media for the NB3 Foundation. The Communication Specialist will be tasked with the creation and editorial oversight of designated external and internal communications to ensure all messages are consistent, accurate, timely, and relevant. The Communication Specialist will help design and implement an overall communications plan for the organization. Required qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Communications or a related field
- 3 or more years experience in communications in business or non-profit organizations
- Strong writing skills
- Extensive knowledge with Microsoft Word, Power Point and social media
- History of cooperating with teams and co-workers
- Knowledge of Native American communities
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Ability to be self-directed
Salary: Depending upon qualifications, minimum $50,000
Your expertise will help advance our mission by:
- Developing an integrated communications plan and strategy for the organization.
- Implementing communications and social networking plans to inform external audiences who we are and the impact of our programs, and overall, increase recognition of the organization.
- Strategically leverage the organization’s existing assets to expand current information sharing by articulating the work and success of NB3F with staff and program consultants.
- Contribute content for NB3F social media and emails.
- Work with internal/external stakeholders to develop and disseminate creative program success stories for various tribal leadership, funders, NB3F Board and NB3F staff.
- Interface with program consultants, community partners and program staff to ensure consistent messaging.
- Support new community partner development through social and print media.
- Develop strategies for media and press releases for the purpose of informing the public of NB3F’s mission and programs in a positive, consistent and credible manner.
- Track media coverage of childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes and explore opportunities for NB3F to differentiate itself by sharing its distinct philosophies/ approaches/ programs.
- Monitor media coverage and evaluate outcomes.
- Develop quarterly reports of media coverage and submit to VP Programs.
- Support community leadership by providing internal and external communication support in response to minor or major critical incidents.
How To Apply
Email your letter of interest and resume to Monica Stapleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB3 Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Native American Preference Hiring Policy. You must identify yourself in your cover letter as Native American to qualify for this preference.
For more information visit: www.nb3foundation.org
For internship opportunities please contact Monica Stapleton, email@example.com