Administrative Assistant to Director of Advancement
Non-Exempt, Full Time
The Notah Begay III (NB3) Foundation is a national, award-winning Native American nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing Native American childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. The NB3 Foundation invests in evidence-based, community-driven and culturally relevant programs that promote health, physical activity and nutrition, ensuring healthy futures for Native American children and their communities. We are committed to ensuring that all Native American youth live healthy, happy and fulfilled lives. The NB3 Foundation office is located on the Pueblo of Santa Ana, 10 miles north of Albuquerque, NM.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Director of Advancement in efforts to expand and strengthen NB3F’s development and communication activities. This includes assisting the Director with fundraising events, donor solicitation and reports, donor records, calendar management, and other marketing and public relations activities.
- A baccalaureate degree in marketing, public relations, advertising or a related field. A combination of some college and professional work experience totaling four years may be considered equivalent.
- Two or more years of administrative experience in direct development and/or marketing work experience, including fundraising, donor development, corporate relations and major gift fundraising.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with board members, staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word (including mail merges), Excel, Mac Operating systems and Adobe.
- Experience utilizing social media as development and marketing tools.
- Experience with database management software.
- Dedicated to improving the lives of Native American children.
- Previous direct mail, and special events experience.
- Previous fundraising and events management experience.
Salary Range: $28K–$37.4K w/ benefits
You will help advance our mission by:
Working with internal staff and external consultants on the implementation of marketing and communications strategies related to fundraising and public relations.
Assisting the Director of Advancement in the development and management of their schedules including arranging meetings, booking travel.
Applying your knowledge of social media, writing and interpersonal skills to benefit Native children.
Assisting in the acquisition of content (e.g. pictures, articles, data) for program, fundraising and organizational updates and collateral as it pertains to fundraising and related communications.
Overseeing and maintaining donor records and files (both database and paper) of funding solicitations and response from foundations, corporations, individuals.
And much more.
How To Apply
Email your letter of interest and resume to Hr@NB3F.ORG
NB3 Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Native American Preference Hiring Policy. For more information visit: www.nb3foundation.org
Please identify yourself as Native American so we may exercise the hiring preference.